Fear and rejection are natural parts of life, but if you want the most out of life, fear and rejection are two things you will face on a regular path to achieving your dreams – so what can you do to not only accept them but build a positive relationship with both, allowing you to channel their energy for your own forward momentum?
What to Listen For
- How do you handle the fear of uncertainty in today’s job market when the economy is changing so rapidly?
- What can you do to overcome the fear of rejection we all experience?
- What exercise can you implement right now to start putting rejection into perspective and even look at rejection in a positive light?
- How can you choose to look at failure so it helps you rather than stopping you from going after the life you want?
- What is the difference between a perfectionist and a progressionist, and why can one hinder your success?
- How can you break away from humility to tell a story worth sharing?
- What are the 4 ways you can use to tell an engaging story people are going to want to give you their attention for?
An average life is average because doing great things is terrifying. That’s not to say an average life can’t be fulfilling, but many people dream of being able to live a life on their own terms. And to build a life where you have everything you want and can spend your time how you want to spend it requires that you put yourself outside of your comfort zone regularly. You must be willing to face your fears and walk through them. You must be willing to get knocked down by life only to get back up again and keep trying. If you want to find your soulmate, statistically you have to meet a lot of people, which means you’re going to be rejected a lot before you find the right one. If you want to find that dream job that allows you to spend your time doing something you love while being paid for it, you’re going to need to try a lot of different things and work for a lot of different people/companies before you find the right fit. You must be willing to try, fail, and try again.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
This winter, start a new routine to upgrade your everyday life with a monthly Box of Awesome from Bespoke Post. Bespoke Post sends guys only the best stuff, every month. So whether you’re looking to commemorate an occasion with a champagne saber or toast perfectly aged Winter cocktails – they’ve got you covered. Get 20% off your first monthly box when you sign up at BoxOfAwesome.com and enter the special discount code AOC at checkout.
CBD is a big deal right now. It is changing millions of peoples’ lives every day – but is it right for you? Harrelson’s Own was formulated to provide full mind and body benefits that help you feel more stable, calm, focused and collected. If you’re curious, they have a fun and informative video for you to learn more. Text our special discount code CHARM to the number 6-3-5-6-6 and they will send you a link to watch their video AND give you 10% off your purchase!
Resources from this Episode
Better Selling Through Storytelling by John Livesay
The Successful Pitch Podcast hosted by John Livesay
Be The Lifeguard of Your Own Life! | John Livesay | TEDxWilmingtonLive
Check in with AJ and Johnny!