Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
When something goes wrong in our lives, sometimes we fixate on its emotional impact — how it makes us feel in the moment — rather than what difference it will make in the long run (which may be minimal).
Tinker Dabble Doodle Try: Unlock the Power of the Unfocused Mind author Dr. Srini Pillay shows us how to control this emotional feedback with the CIRCA mnemonic. Make sure to check out his entire episode: The Power of the Unfocused Mind, and his other Minisode Monday: Dabbling: Not Just for Dilettantes!
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- When something goes wrong in your life, ask yourself: is this important, or just traumatic?
- We can gauge this by using the CIRCA mnemonic.
- C: Chunking. Break down the problem into its component parts; solve it over a period of time.
- I: Ignore mental chatter. Observe your thoughts; don’t become your thoughts.
- R: Reality check. Remind yourself that “this too shall pass.”
- C: Control check. Is the problem something you actually have a hand in, or is it something like weather or politics?
- A: Attention shift. Move your attention from the problem (the past) to the solution (the future).
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Listen to The Art of Charm, Attack Each Day: The Harbaughs’ Podcast, and hundreds of your favorite podcasts with the free PodcastOne app (on iOS and Android) here!
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text AOC to 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!