Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
Vanessa Van Edwards (check out our full episode with her here) rejoins us to talk about value languages — the motivations we have for entering into relationships with each other.
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- Ever wondered how to hack motivation? It begins by understanding what people really want out of a relationship.
- If you think about it, all relationships are transactions in which we give and take resources.
- Value languages are what we hope to get out of a relationship; they can be any of the following:
- Vanessa gives us ways to practice how to recognize what value languages are being used in our own relationships so we can best address the motivations behind them.
- This week, take a look at brags and complaints when you hear them and try to match them up with these different value languages.
- If you liked this one, make sure to check out Vanessa’s most recent appearance on The Art of Charm: Captivate (Episode 610)
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
The first 250 people who go to PodcastOne.study and complete the short survey will get a $25 gift card to Restaurant.com — after completing the survey, you will have the option of entering a sweepstakes for a $250 gift card! Get started here!
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 33444 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!