Time for Fan Mail Friday, where we’ll be answering your questions and dropping some knowledge and feedback to help you kick the weekend off right. If you’re new to The Art of Charm Podcast, this isn’t a great place to start. Most of our content is more in-depth and longer format. Listen to recent guests Christian Picciolini, Jack Barsky, Chase Hughes, and Aaron Walker for a better idea of our regular programming.
Also make sure to check out our Best Of picks or the Fundamentals Toolbox episodes. There, we’ve got the fundamentals of body language and nonverbal communication, attraction, negotiation, networking, and everything else we teach here at The Art of Charm.
Liz Dolan (@SSLiz) and Larry Seal (@IHateMyBossShow) from the I Hate My Boss podcast join us for this Fan Mail Friday to answer your work and career-related questions, so let’s cut to it! In this episode:
- Company loyalty vs. personal goals when a change in ownership is pending.
- Have you outgrown your “negaholic” friends at work when they’re always complaining about the job you love?
- Hey, ambitious but unfulfilled intern! Should you stay or should you go?
- How do you reasonably cope with an unmotivated boss with divided attention — when that boss is your dad and his attention is divided by family medical issues?
- What can you do to “forget” your nerves and be confident around your boss? (Warning: advice may vary depending on the business culture of your country.)
- It’s tough being at a small company you really like when you have to report to a “leader” who doesn’t take their role seriously. What are your options?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]!
- Check out Jordan’s (@TheArtofCharm) other show: The Forbes List, and Jason’s (@jpdef) other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Resources from This Episode:
- I Hate My Boss podcast
- Jenny Blake | Pivot (Episode 545)
- Negaholics: Stop Being Negative… Reclaim Your Happiness! by Cherie Carter-Scott
- How to Make People Like You With the Benjamin Franklin Effect
- Steve Harvey Confirms Shocking Staff Memo, Doesn’t Apologize by Tiffany Taylor, The Hollywood Reporter
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!