Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
Last time he was on the podcast, Jon Acuff shared something he called the notecard exercise for people who wonder how to find good mentors.
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- Gather a big stack of 3×5 cards. You’re going to write down one person per notecard. [00:43]
- Ask yourself these questions. [00:52]
- You’ll probably end up with a huge stack of cards — or, at the very least, a good starting point. [01:31]
- The purpose of this exercise is to illustrate that you have so many options that don’t often come to mind, and now you’ve got some contacts to get the ball rolling. [02:00]
- You can also arrange the cards on a board and reach out to your contacts one by one to see what unfolds. [02:18]
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Leave a comment below, tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response, or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!