Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done author Jon Acuff rejoins us (hear his most recent full episode here) to discuss why he’s more productive on an airplane and how he recreates the conditions to make him as productive when he’s home.
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- From feedback and personal experience, Jon Acuff noticed that we tend to be more productive when we’re traveling. Since we can’t travel all the time, he was determined to recreate the conditions that influence this behavior. Here’s what he came up with.
- Because of physical restrictions, you can only bring a limited amount of work.
- White noise helps you focus.
- Limited Internet connectivity keeps you from unnecessary distractions.
- Focus-driving deadlines result from breaks in the routine (waiting in the terminal, boarding, flying, landing, waiting to deboard). These work roughly like the Pomodoro Technique.
- Nobody knows you; nobody bothers you.
- Download episode worksheet here.
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Listen to The Art of Charm, Starving for Attention with Richard Blais, and hundreds of your favorite podcasts with the free PodcastOne app (on iOS and Android) here!
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text AOC to 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
- Follow The Art of Charm on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Follow Jordan Harbinger on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!