Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
This time around, Tinker Dabble Doodle Try: Unlock the Power of the Unfocused Mind author Dr. Srini Pillay rejoins us to talk about a process known as psychological halloweenism — the act of taking on an alternative mindset as a way of unlocking creative potential. If you like this Minisode Monday, make sure to check out our full episode with Dr. Pillay here!
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- You don’t have to be a little kid to benefit from the rewards of playing make-believe.
- We all tend to think of ourselves in one way — we’re good at some things and less adept at others.
- What happens when we mentally pretend to see the world from the perspective of someone else? Someone who, for instance, we imagine to be more creative than us?
- This is called psychological halloweenism, and it can be a powerful way to solve problems and cope with situations we feel ill-prepared (as ourselves) to deal with.
- “If you think like somebody else,” says Dr. Pillay, “you will get yourself out of your own mental traps, your own habits, and you will begin to think from somebody else’s perspective.”
- Practice psychological halloweenism at the dinner table, at innovation meetings at work, or with your friends. You’ll be surprised at what you can discover about your own mind’s capabilities when you try to think like somebody else.
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text AOC to 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!