Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
This week, Dilbert‘s Scott Adams rejoins us to talk about a concept called skill stacking — and how it can put you in the top one percent of performers in any area (or mix of areas, as the case may be).
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- It’s not good enough that you’re really good at one thing — because there are probably a lot of people who are also really good at that one thing.
- But if you can pick up other skills that complement this one thing — like public speaking, persuasion, communicating, and writing — you’ve got an edge. You’re skill stacking.
- According to Scott, every skill you acquire doubles your odds of success.
- Scott says he’s not a great artist, a great writer, the funniest person in the room, or a stellar businessperson, but his skill stacking of these talents makes him a unique force in the market.
- Did you know that Dilbert was the first syndicated comic on the Internet? That’s because Scott had an early insight into the importance of this then-new medium. A cartoonist who is only a cartoonist might have missed out.
- In short: you don’t have to be world-class in anything to succeed. If you’re in the top twenty percent in a number of skills that go well together, you end up with unique enough skill stacking that will be sought by others.
- Listen to this episode to learn more about how to identify your own abilities, what abilities you can’t go wrong in picking up, and how you can get to skill stacking today.
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
To truly thrive in all areas of your life, you can’t ignore the importance of good health. Try Organifi Green Juice for 20% off using code “charm” when checking out at organifi.com!
The first 250 people who go to PodcastOne.study and complete the short survey will get a $25 gift card to Restaurant.com — after completing the survey, you will have the option of entering a sweepstakes for a $250 gift card! Get started here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
THANKS, SCOTT ADAMS!
If you enjoyed this session with Scott Adams, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
Resources from This Episode:
- Scott Adams | Master Persuader (Episode 605)
- The Kristina Talent Stack by Scott Adams, Scott Adams’ Blog
- Minisode Monday #48 | Thinking with Your Body
- Fan Mail Friday #111 | It’s All Kiribati to Me
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life by Scott Adams
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!