Where do you even begin if you want to get better at meeting people? Improving your communication skills is an excellent place to start. Communication is important in relationships, and even more important when dating. We’ll dig into best practices, tips and strategies for dating and meeting new people with Dr Laura Berman.
What to Listen For
- What drew Dr. Laura Berman to relationship and sex therapy?
- What is the current state of sex ed in schools and why is it so inadequate?
- How does porn affect the way you get aroused and why is it doing more harm than good?
- What is the fundamental problem with the paradox of choice when it comes to dating and dating apps?
- Why is it so important to think about how you want someone to make you feel and how does clarifying that make dating easier?
- Can you use DNA to find your perfect match?
- What is the best way for you to approach dating in the #MeToo era?
- How quickly should you move from dating app to meeting and why is it risky to draw it out?
- Where can you practice conversational skills in low-risk areas and what happens if you don’t practice these skills?
- How should you go into dating as a parent and why is it so different?
- If you are dating as a parent, when is the best time to bring up that you have a child?
- What can I do if my mind goes blank every time I try to talk to someone I’m interested in?
- How do you keep the intimacy going in a long term relationship?
- What is the biggest behavioral predictor of sexual health in a relationship?
- What is the “want” underlying the desire to “spice it up” in the bedroom?
- What do you do if you realize your partner is no longer attracted to you?
- How do you rewrite your story so you can break out of dating the same type of people?
Remember: A big part of having good communication is being honest with yourself. If you are honest with yourself, you know what you like and don’t like, you know what you’re good at and what you’re not. That automatically filters out potential dates or relationships that come racing in from your dating app. And if you are honest with other people about who you are and what you want, it makes it easier for them to decide whether or not they want to keep spending time together.
Being honest with yourself and with other people saves you headaches, confusion, and time – and time is the most valuable thing we have as human beings.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Vistaprint wants you to be able to “Own the Now” in any situation, which is why our listeners will get 500 high-quality, custom business cards starting at $9.99. Use discount code CHARM at Vistaprint.com.
SAXX Underwear’s patented BallPark Pouch is a game-changer! They have internal mesh panels that keep everything in place, and they’re made with super-soft, moisture-wicking fabrics, allowing our boys to breathe and even repel B.O.! Go to SAXX Underwear at SAXXunderwear.com and use the discount code CHARM at checkout to get $5 off – PLUS free shipping on your first purchase!
Manscaped is #1 in men’s below the belt grooming. Manscaped offers precision engineered tools for manscaping with the right tool for the job. Get 20% Off, Free Shipping, and a free travel bag with the discount code CHARM at Manscaped.com. Your balls will thank you!
Resources from this Episode
Dr Laura Berman
Quantum Love by Dr Laura Berman
Dr Laura Berman on Facebook
Dr Laura Berman on Twitter
Dr Laura Berman on Instagram
Dr Laura Berman on YouTube
Uncovered Podcast with Dr Laura Berman
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
AJ on Instagram
Johnny on Instagram
The Art of Charm on Instagram