“Almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs
Turner Barr has been on the road traveling almost non-stop for nearly 8 years. He’s the guy behind Around The World In 80 Jobs web site, and is a traveler who has been going around the world and working everywhere for years. His experience on finding the fun thing to do in life comes from doing jobs all over the world.
So how has he done it? For starters he always provides others value first, before attempting to receive something in return. There are plenty of other life lessons he’s discovered in his travels and we cover as many of them as possible in this episode!
Turner & Jordan explore Turner’s compulsive nomadism, including:
- learning to enjoy the journey not the destination
- interacting and making friends while traveling to new places
- building social skills for those who find it hard
- How to get value from busy people
- being non-needy to increase your network
- providing value instead of just expecting something for nothing
- having an open mind towards opportunities while being able to create them by engaging, learning to engage with new people
- staying positive while keeping negative thoughts away from ruining your experiences
- turning negative experiences into positive and why running your own race is always better
As Turner explains in this show any event is neutral, and he means any! It’s the way you to react to an experience that determines whether it is positive or negative. Your response is within in your control. When you can control your response you can turn any situation into a positive one, and you’ll navigate your life with greater ease.
You might (you WILL) also like:
Wanna leave a comment? Too bad! Email me instead (we read everything)!