Personal transformation is a long and arduous process, but we all have to start somewhere, so how do you know when it’s time to make such a drastic change, what can you do to stop from feeling overwhelmed in the beginning, and how do you know when it’s time to graduate from one step to the next?
What to Listen For
- Why is making a list important in accomplishing your goals?
- What can you do to deal with the fear of public speaking?
- What simple exercises can you do right now to expand your comfort zone?
- How did Michael Herold get his start as a public speaker and coach?
- What steps should you take when starting out as a public speaker to make sure you feel ready on stage?
- Where can you get practice as a public speaker if you don’t have a coach and you’re not taking classes?
- How can you be more appreciative of your significant other after you two settle into the comfort stage of the relationship?
- How important is it to set aside time for one another when you’re in a relationship?
- What steps can you take to alleviate feeling overwhelmed when you embark on a journey of self-improvement?
- How are confidence and competence related when you’re working on your social skills?
- If your social skills feel rusty, what simple step can you take today to start improving?
- What can you do to overcome feeling burned out?
For many, embarking on a journey of personal transformation comes after life punches you in the face – that could mean getting fired from a job, getting kicked out of school, going through the end of a relationship, or losing a loved one, just to name a few.
But why does it take such a jarring event to motivate us to improve?
Because transformation is difficult and painful, so to be willing to make a drastic change in yourself means the pain of staying the same must outweigh the pain of change. If you don’t feel the pain of your current situation, then what are the chances you’re going to choose to endure significant pain over a long period of time to change the situation you’re in?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Manscaped is #1 in men’s below the belt grooming. Manscaped offers precision engineered tools for manscaping with the right tool for the job. Get 20% Off, Free Shipping, and a free travel bag with the discount code CHARM at Manscaped.com. Your balls will thank you!
Vistaprint wants you to be able to “Own the Now” in any situation, which is why our listeners will get 500 high-quality, custom business cards starting at $9.99. Use discount code CHARM at Vistaprint.com.
Sun Basket works with the best farms and suppliers to bring you fresh, organic produce and responsibly-sourced meats and seafood. Go to sunbasket.com/artofcharm to get up to $80 off.
Resources from this Episode
Michael Herold – Speaker and Coach
762: 3 Signs That it’s Time for Change | Transformation Toolbox 1
763: Had Enough Pain, Yet? | Toolbox 2
764: Brett Bartholomew on why drive matters more than motivation and secrets to peak performance
765: Parents, Part 2: Warren Farrell on The Boy Crisis and Dad Deprivation
Check in with AJ and Johnny!