In today’s episode, we cover how to become the super connector everyone wants to know.
Super Connectors aren’t born with some special talent. By understanding what others value from a connection, focusing on how each person can help the other rather than focusing on what’s in it for themselves, and making sure all interactions leave both parties feeling inspired and motivated, super connectors make invaluable connections that open doors to success. In this episode we explore what makes a successful super connector as well as simple steps to get on track towards becoming one yourself.
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Adam Grant and the Secret to Effective Networking – 3:35
- How do you amplify your social capital and build a high value network in five minutes?
- What is the secret to making your networking efforts more effective?
- Super Connector Toolbox – 28:40
- What is the best way to introduce two people you think will benefit from knowing each other?
- What’s the best way to follow up with someone you meet at a networking event?
- Keith Ferrazzi and Upgrading Acquaintances to Friends – 36:50
- What are the 8 attributes of a high performing relationship?
- How do you turn an acquaintance into a lifelong friend?
Building a high value network and amplifying your social capital need not be a long, drawn out process. Just five minutes a day can go a long way in making your connections more valuable and meaningful. Start by introducing two people that you think could benefit from knowing each other, as this is a great way to get the ball rolling. Following up with someone soon after meeting them at an event is important to foster a new relationship. Connecting on an emotional level, being sincere, and sharing your knowledge are all essential pieces for creating strong bonds with others.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Are you ready to take your career to the next level in 2023? Looking to grow your high-value social circle?
You are one relationship away from changing your entire life.
Listen: your social circle, professional network, and lack of confidence are thwarting your attempts at accelerating your career.
But there’s something you can do about it.
After coaching over 10,000 clients including military special operators and Fortune 500 executives we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to grow your network. In fact, over 90% of the amazing guests on this show are from referrals in our personal networks.
We’ve packaged our best insights inside a course called, Social Capital. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this training for FREE to start 2023.
To get your hands on this training and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/sc
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Say goodbye to the generic face wash on your counter because Caldera Lab is here to save the day when it comes to your skin. Backed by a leading clinical trial where nine out of ten men experienced healthier and visibly improved skin, Caldera Lab has the tools to unlock your best first impression and confidence! Today we have an exclusive offer for our audience so you can try for yourself why so many men trust Caldera Lab for their skin Care needs – use code CHARM at calderalab.com for 20% OFF their best products.
This spring, you need nutritious, convenient meals to energize you for warmer, active days and keep you on track reaching your goals. Factor, America’s #1 Ready-To-Eat Meal Kit, can help you fuel up fast with ready-to-eat meals delivered straight to your door. You’ll save time, eat well, and tackle everything on your to-do list. Head to factormeals.com/charm50 use code charm50 to get 50% off your first box.
Working out is tough. And finding a workout program that sticks, even tougher. Peloton’s classes don’t feel like a regular workout class, they feel like entertainment. They’re fun, exhilarating, laugh-out-loud hilarious… and make you want to come back to them over and over and over. In fact, you’ll be craving your workouts. It’s content that rivals the best talk shows, podcasts, and live shows. Ready to give it a try? Get started and download the free Peloton App today.
Nom Nom delivers fresh dog food with every portion personalized to your
dog’s needs, so you can bring out their best. Nom Nom’s made with real, whole food you can see and recognize, without any additives or fillers that contribute to bloating and low energy. Go Right Now for 50% off your no-risk two week trial at tryNom.com/ARTOFCHARM. Plus, Nom Nom comes with a Money Back Guarantee. If your dog’s tail isn’t wagging within 30 days, Nom Nom will refund your first order.
Resources from this Episode
- How to Give without Getting Taken Advantage of with Adam Grant
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant
- Keith Ferrazzi | The Art of Strength and Vulnerability in Leadership
- Toolbox | Unlock Your Inner Super Connector by Growing Your Social Capital
- Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
- Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration by Keith Ferrazzi
Check in with AJ and Johnny!