Nom Nom delivers fresh dog food with every portion personalized to your dog’s needs, so you can bring out their best. Get 50% off your first two weeks at tryNom.com/artofcharm.
Working out is tough. And finding a workout program that sticks, even tougher. Peloton’s classes don’t feel like a regular workout class, they feel like entertainment. In fact, you’ll be craving your workouts. Get started and download the free Peloton App today.
Backed by a leading clinical trial where nine out of ten men experienced healthier and visibly improved skin, Caldera Lab has the tools to unlock your best first impression and confidence! Use code CHARM at calderalab.com for 20% OFF their best products.
Factor, America’s #1 Ready-To-Eat Meal Kit, can help you fuel up fast with ready-to-eat meals delivered straight to your door. Head to factormeals.com/charm50 to get 50% off your first box.
In today’s episode, we cover the expectation effect with David Robson. David is an award winning writer who specializes in psychology and neuroscience, and is the author of The Intelligence Trap: Why Smart People Make Dumb Mistakes, and his most recent book, The Expectation Effect: How Your Mind Can Change Your World.
Your expectations can mean the difference between failure and success, but why do your expectations have such a drastic impact, how can you reframe your expectations to achieve success whenever possible, and how do you use visualization techniques to boost your performance in any area overnight?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is the expectation effect and why do your expectations impact everything you do?
- Reframe expectations to reach your goals – 10:47
- How can you reframe your expectations to enjoy working out and achieve the body you’ve always wanted?
- Why is it important for you to feel stress and how do you know what too much stress is?
- What can you do to reframe expectations to be comfortable with public speaking?
- Visualization and Performance – 26:22
- What visualization technique can you use to increase your strength by 10% and recover from injury faster?
- How do you use visualization to decrease your stress and anxiety?
- How do the expectations of people around you affect your performance and what can you do to decrease their impact?
- Do not do this if you want to be happy – 40:10
- What do you need to avoid doing if you want to maximize your happiness and minimize your daily suffering?
- How can you use science to increase your willpower?
- How can you harness the science of expectations to build the top performing routine that will reach any goal you set for yourself?
- How do you reframe frustration to help you grow?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Are you ready to take your career to the next level in 2023? Looking to grow your high-value social circle?
You are one relationship away from changing your entire life.
Listen: your social circle, professional network, and lack of confidence are thwarting your attempts at accelerating your career.
But there’s something you can do about it.
After coaching over 10,000 clients including military special operators and Fortune 500 executives we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to grow your network. In fact, over 90% of the amazing guests on this show are from referrals in our personal networks.
We’ve packaged our best insights inside a course called, Social Capital. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this training for FREE to start 2023.
To get your hands on this training and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/sc
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- David Robson’s website
- David Robson’s writing portfolio
- The Intelligence Trap: Why Smart People Make Dumb Mistakes
- The Expectation Effect: How Your Mindset Can Change Your World
- David Robson on twitter
- The Art of Charm Influence Index