To many of us, the word values can sound like a buzzword thrown around in corporate-speak via emails and quarterly earnings calls – but individual values, once understood, can lead to a future of incredible potential, so what are the values we’re referring to, and what can you do to determine your values so you can live the life you’ve always wanted?
What to Listen For
- Why is it important for each of us to determine our individual values, and how does living by those values help you to not make terrible decisions?
- How do you choose your values?
- What is the problem with goals, and why is the setting of goals not enough?
- What questions can you ask yourself to determine some of your basic values?
- How do you decide on company values, and why is it important for your company’s success to find employees who share those values?
- What are the company values of the Art of Charm?
- How did AJ Harbinger determine his values and how have they guided him to success?
- Why does more discipline in your life lead to more freedom?
- How did Johnny Dzubak determine his values and have they guided him to success?
- What exercises can you implement today to track whether or not you are living by your values?
If you don’t choose the script for your life, others will do it for you, and there’s no guarantee the script will be conducive to your happiness and fulfillment in life. Your script is dictated by your values, and you can either decide what your values are and live an intentional life driven by them, or you can live a life that is subject to the values of others. If you choose not to choose and understand your values, it can result in a life of self-doubt, feelings of inadequacy, and being used by the people around you who are firm in their values or know how to take advantage of people who don’t stand for anything. So, what do you believe in?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Hiring used to be hard. Multiple job sites, stacks of resumes, a confusing review process. But today, hiring can be easy and you only have to go to one place to get it done: ziprecruiter.com/CHARM. ZipRecruiter is so effective that 4 out of 5 of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day.
Is there something interfering with your happiness, or preventing you from achieving your goals? BetterHelp will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist AND you can start communicating in less than 24 hours! Visit betterhelp.com/CHARM to get 10% off your first month and join the over 700,000 people taking charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional.
Resources from this Episode
Great Leaders Have No Rules by Kevin Kruse
Check in with AJ and Johnny!