Steven Kotler chats about becoming a Superman and mastering that mysterious, in-the-zone state of athletes, performers, and other professionals.
“You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?” -Robert Louis Stevenson
Flow. Is it a mysterious Zen thing? Or is it a scientifically explainable process that occurs in our brain?
Steven Kotler, one of the architects of the Flow Genome Project and an expert in this field with more than 15 years of experience, is here to talk all about it. He tells us that it is an optimal state of consciousness where we perform and feel our best.
When we harness the real power of flow, we go from performing normally to being a super human. Our motivation and creativity levels are raised. We become more attentive, learn faster, and we have our abilities maximized — like athletes when they say they’re in “the zone.”
In this episode we talk about:
- The rise of the Superman.
- The Flow Genome Project (can we engineer flow?)
- What is flow? What happens in your brain during flow?
- How do we trigger flow and harness it for ourselves?
- How flow saved Steven’s life and helped him recover from Lyme disease.
- The flow cycle, which is a roadmap for flow as well as practical things we can do and work on to make this cycle a reality for us.
But there can be a dark side to it and on this episode Steven shares with us how to avoid that aspect of being in the flow, how we can get to the good side deliberately, and how we can call forth flow when we need (or want) it…and lots more!
THANKS, STEVEN KOTLER!
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!