“It isn’t what we don’t know that gets us into trouble; it’s what we do know for certain that isn’t true.” -Mark Twain
“This show will make me enemies, and I don’t care. I’d rather protect those who would otherwise fall victim.” -Jordan
Multi-level marketing (MLM) makes promises that exploit the hopes and dreams of hard-working people, but all too often these pyramid schemes deliver the exact opposite results. They come in attractive packages presented by someone persuasive and suave. If you don’t have strong critical skills, you might get sucked in.
MLM is a form of math trickery. You start of at the end of the chain, buying something that has no value. Be careful — and if you have to pay to work, avoid them.
Robert Fitzpatrick is the co-author of False Profits: Seeking Financial and Spiritual Deliverance in Multi-Level Marketing and Pyramid Schemes and the go-to expert for MLM and ponzi schemes for corporations and governments around the world. The book delves into his experience in consulting and court cases involving MLM and from hundreds of MLM case studies with its participants.
In this provocative show, we’ll discuss:
- How MLM has hijacked The American Dream.
- How MLM is different from a ‘real’ business.
- How even ‘smart’ people get sucked into MLM.
- Why the MLM pitch is predatory by design.
- Why it’s so important to me personally to do this show for you guys.
- Why MLM does not work (and the math to prove it).
- How 99% of MLM victims never actually make any money and actually lose money (this is fact, not hyperbole nor opinion).
- How some of the Amway, Herbalife and other MLM ‘superstars’ are actually broke and filing for bankruptcy.
- Parallels between MLM and religious cults.
- Why the lure is not just money, but is actually far more dangerous.
- How to uncover a pyramid scheme or MLM and what to do if you’re approached by someone you care about or see another loved one being roped into the scam.
Listen in, protect yourself, and educate yourself about MLMs…before it’s too late.
Check out False Profits: Seeking Financial and Spiritual Deliverance in Multi-Level Marketing and Pyramid Schemes by Robert L. Fitzpatrick and Joyce K. Reynolds, and find more from Robert at Pyramidschemealert.org.
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 33444 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!
Photo credit: Marijn de Vries Hoogerwerff