“In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest.” – Henry Miller
Working out and staying fit have no shortcuts. There’s no way around it and the only way to make it a regular part of your day is by forming a habit. Make your diet and exercise schedule such that you can stick to it.
Mike Matthews of MuscleForLife.com comes to myth-bust and discuss the fallacies in the fitness industry designed to relieve you of your money, as well as how to form habits and how doing so applies to other challenging areas of life.
Also covered in this episode:
- Why the “low T” trend in fitness knowledge is bullcrap.
- How bodybuilders and the supplement industry build insecurity to sell you stuff, even though it doesn’t actually do anything and can HURT you.
- The power of habit and systematizing your fitness and nutrition.
- How to get past the ‘habit dip’ and stick with new things instead of giving up.
- How building positive habits builds trust in yourself and in turn, self-confidence.
- Why habit building is ALWAYS happening (you’re either building GOOD habits, or BAD habits, ALL of the time).
- Simple tricks to balance working out and spending your time with friends and family.
The process of completing one challenge after another will make it a part of your life. And by learning to love this process, you will have systematized your habits. Working out can actually prepare you to face challenges in the first place.
You might (you WILL) also like:
Wanna leave a comment? Too bad! Email me instead (we read everything)!