Kevin Rose (@kevinrose) founded social news site Digg, created fasting tracker Zero, made meditation app Oak, and hosts a podcast called The Kevin Rose Show where he explores how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life.
“The best ideas often sound extremely crazy to almost everyone…but not to the founder.” -Kevin Rose
The Cheat Sheet:
- What does Kevin Rose — a serial entrepreneur who’s experienced his own massive successes and failures — look for when investing in a new startup?
- What current trends get Kevin excited about the future?
- What habits have helped Kevin recover from his own trysts with distraction, anxiety, and overall burnout?
- How do wearables actually help Kevin disconnect from the technology in his life?
- How is Kevin’s new, free meditation app Oak different from the other meditation apps out there, and what features are on the horizon?
- And so much more…
(Download Transcript Here [Coming Soon!])
Download Episode Worksheet Here
Tech mogul/Silicon Valley royalty (and, like Jordan, Eagle Scout!) Kevin Rose joins us to talk about what he’s been up to since founding Digg back in 2004 — from inventing apps like Oak that help you meditate, creating a fasting tracker called Zero, and hosting a podcast called The Kevin Rose Show where he explores how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
More About This Show
If you aspire to launch yourself into startup greatness, serial entrepreneur and investor Kevin Rose probably dispenses quite a bit in this episode you’ll find useful. He’s flown to the dizzying heights of massive success and navigated himself out of the dark labyrinths of failure.
And if you have absolutely no interest in starting your own business but maybe want to learn how to focus better at your job and enjoy life outside of work, Kevin’s got some wisdom to share with you here, too.
First, a little background for those who may not know who Kevin is.
Kevin is a technology investor at True Ventures and founder of many startups. He currently serves on the board of directors at Hodinkee and advisory board for the Tony Hawk Foundation and Harlan Estate. Previously Kevin founded Digg, Revision3, and was a General Partner at Google Ventures.
He hosts a podcast called The Kevin Rose Show where he explores how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life. There, he interviews authors, technologists, scientists, meditators, self-experimenters, and productivity hackers to discover insights that can improve your life.
And because this modern life can seem like a never-ending bombardment of anxiety-inducing technology, Kevin has launched a new, completely free meditation app called Oak — offering guided meditation and breathing exercises meant either to stand alone or supplement whatever other meditation apps you may already use.
It may sound odd to fight technology with technology, but Kevin makes a case for it — along with an explanation for how his wearables actually help him disconnect.
THANKS, KEVIN ROSE!
If you enjoyed this session with Kevin Rose, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
Resources from This Episode:
- Transcript for this episode (coming soon!)
- Oak Meditation and Breathing App
- Kevin Rose’s website
- Zero Fasting Tracker
- The Kevin Rose Newsletter
- Kevin Rose at Facebook
- Kevin Rose at Instagram
- Kevin Rose at Twitter
- True Ventures
- Darya Rose | Foodist (Episode 576)
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text AOC to 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
- Follow The Art of Charm on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!