Joshua Spodek (@spodek) is an adjunct professor at NYU, leadership coach and workshop leader for Columbia Business School, columnist for Inc., founder of Spodek Academy, and author of Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow.
“You can’t be tentative. It has to be so practiced that it’s effortless.” -Joshua Spodek
The Cheat Sheet:
- What can a guy with five Ivy League degrees tell us about what’s wrong with the way schools teach leadership and entrepreneurship?
- How do Joshua’s method learning exercises help potential leaders practice and rehearse influence, persuasion, staying calm under pressure, and attracting followers?
- How does opening up in intimate relationships prime us to be more intuitive leaders?
- What can understanding our own inner monologue teach us about being authentic with others?
- Joshua shares the real story about what happened when he worked under a Nobel Prize winner.
- And so much more…
The skills of leading others and yourself are critical to all relationships — personal, family, business, and everywhere in life. Nearly every class, book, video, MOOC, and other resource teaches you about leadership, not how to improve your relationships. They use lecture, case study, psychology studies, biography, and other resources that may be intellectually challenging, but socially and emotionally passive.
People want to learn the skills of empathy, compassion, self-awareness, how to create meaning and passion, and the other social and emotional skills of leading oneself and others, but you can’t lecture someone into integrity or read your way to self-awareness. Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow author Joshua Spodek joins us to fill the gap between education and experience for potential leaders. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Featured Resources!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Free yourself from typing notes, reports, and documents by going with the transcriptionists we trust here at AoC: TranscriptionOutsourcing.net — 99% or higher accuracy guaranteed!
THANKS, JOSHUA SPODEK!
If you enjoyed this session with Joshua Spodek, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
Resources from This Episode:
- Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow by Joshua Spodek
- Joshua Spodek Academy
- Joshua Spodek at Facebook
- Joshua Spodek at Twitter
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!