“Wishful thinking is NOT a strategy.” -Josh Shipp
Download audio file
Taking baby steps to climb up the ladder is better than never getting on the ladder at all! When looking at lives of successful people, we only look at their last chapters when we actually need to study their early years.
One such example is our guest for episode 266, Josh Shipp. Josh is a former at-risk foster kid turned teen advocate. His TV series TEEN TROUBLE (A&E / Lifetime) documented his work with teens in crisis. He is the author of “The Teen’s Guide to World Domination“, and was listed on Inc. Magazine’s 30 under 30 list. He helps adults understand teens & teens understand themselves.
And Josh knows what it’s like to be a troubled and misunderstood teen, he grew up in multiple orphanages and foster homes throughout his childhood. That experience led him to act out, and get into a lot of trouble. He was headed down a dark path until a few adults stepped in and changed his life forever.
On this episode Jordan and Josh uncover:
- The journey from depression and criminal behavior to successful entrepreneur.
- How to ditch the victim mentality.
- The importance of mentors and how to get them.
- WHEN to get training (and what kind) in order to overcome your hurdles.
- How to deal with critics and haters.
- How to courageously make the impact we want.
- How to maintain a balance between our family life, passion and business.
- The need to break down goals and why taking baby steps is so important.
Today Josh is a highly successful motivational speaker, author and podcaster. He is committed to giving back to teens and adults who care for them because of his personal experiences and what he has overcome. We cover all of that and a lot more in this episode with Josh Shipp.
Wanna leave a comment? Too bad! Email me
instead (we read everything)!”
You’ll also like:
-The Art of Charm Toolbox
-Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
More from Josh Shipp