“Where you are is a result of who you were, but where you go depends entirely on who you choose to be.” -Hal Elrod
Download audio file
Emotional pain. It is self-created and is caused when we wish we could change something that is not changeable. It is a waste of our energy trying to change something that cannot be. It simply causes us more pain, frustration, and heartache when we’re fixated on wanting something to be other than the way it is.
Hal Elrod would know. He’s our guest for this episode and is the survivor of a horrible life-altering accident in which he died for six minutes (and obviously came back to life). After that accident, he turned his life around and is now a motivational speaker, trainer, freestyle rapper, and the writer of a great book called The Miracle Morning.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- How Hal went from dead for six minutes to ultra-marathoner to RAPPER to speaker and trainer (and yes, we have Hal freestyle the rap — don’t worry).
- How we cause our own emotional pain (the gap between what we wish were true and what is, and how much we wish we could change it).
- Remaining positive even in the face of death and disability.
- Why an acute case of impostor syndrome in your career can be worse than death.
- The best way to structure your morning for productivity, happiness, and your best shot at getting in the zone (hint: it’s not coffee and it’s not just exercise).
We also talk about his accident, how he got over it by being physically and mentally resilient, and his method for handling frustration and sadness.
No matter what your past is, it cannot justify you not achieving everything you want in your life. Listen to this episode and discover how you can affirm and reprogram yourself to reach a high level and create a level 10 business.
You’ll also like:
The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
More from Hal!
-The Art of Charm Toolbox
-Best of The Art of Charm Podcast