People skills are always important, but when it comes to money, fame, and power, it takes some skill and experience to learn who your friends are and know who is getting close to you because they want something from you, so how do you know who you can trust, and what can you do make sure you don’t get taken advantage of?
What to Listen For
- What made Violet Benson start the Daddy Issues Instagram account?
- What can you do to move on after a relationship falls apart that you feel you’ve totally invested yourself in?
- How can you develop confidence and get rid of that nervous energy you feel when doing something for the first time?
- What does it even mean to “get to know” more people?
- How much can you really know about someone and how do you know when you can trust someone?
- What can you do to alleviate tension in conversations with dominant personalities?
Life is not a friendly game. As humans, large groups of us around the world have managed to carve out a relatively friendly existence, but there will always be those we don’t get along with and those who just like to see the world burn. Social skills are the new survival skills – we need them in order to survive in society as well as to get ahead and thrive. And the more we get ahead, the more we need them. Fortunately, social skills are just like any other skill in that they require practice and experience in order to improve them
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!