“As a psychopath I abuse as thoughtlessly and automatically as you breathe … I find it pleasurable to inflict pain on people.” – Sam Vaknin
Narcissism is a destructive pattern that can affect all the dimensions of someone’s personality. Narcissistic people believe that they are the center of the universe and they are capable of sucking the life out of everyone around them.
Meet the man whose affliction is also his field of expertise. In one of the most chilling episodes we’ve ever done, we speak to Sam Vaknin, a real-life Psychopathic Narcissist.
Sam is the author of Malignant Self-Love: Narcissism Revisited has been diagnosed twice with narcissistic personality disorder, as well as a genius level IQ for which he became famous in his home country.
Today he and Jordan talk in great detail about:
- What is Narcissistic Personality disorder?
- Are you born with it or do you develop it?
- The early signs of narcissism.
- How the pressure put on by parents can turn children into being narcissistic.
- How such people pretend to be normal and respond in an automated fashion.
- Little signs that people can watch to detect such traits early.
- Why it is necessary to walk away from narcissist people.
- Why narcissistic people are dangerous, even if they don’t appear to be.
- How you may be the source of narcissistic supply and how to avoid it.
If you find that something is wrong, leave. The best thing to do is avoid all contact with them. Listen in as Sam tells you how to protect yourself and what to watch out for in terms of early warning signs, and so much more in this episode of The Art of Charm.
You might (you WILL) also like:
Wanna leave a comment? Too bad! Email me instead (we read everything)!
More from Sam: Malignant Self Love – Narcissism Revisited