Your heroes and role models are probably what most would consider high value people. Listen to this episode of The Art of Charm to learn how to soar to their inspirational ranks rather than sinking to the selfish temptations of low value living.
The Cheat Sheet:
- Discover why high value people who give get more from their relationships than low value people who only know how to take.
- Understand why showing a little genuine attention, appreciation, and acceptance to someone can have a giant impact.
- See why the low value people in your life are more likely to drag you down with them than you are of pulling them up.
- Learn how to better filter high value people into your life and filter out low value people.
- Find out what a high value person gets from taking on responsibility that the low value person loses by trying to wiggle out of it.
- And so much more…
In last week’s value toolbox episode (check it out here), we dug into the typical behaviors of low value people, learned how to make sure we’re not displaying these behaviors ourselves, and touched on why we shouldn’t expect people stuck in the unexamined rut of low value behavior to make any dramatic changes for the better until they can admit they have a problem.
This time around, we reveal the important stuff: the high value behaviors we can identify and cultivate in ourselves, how tiny changes in the ways we reach out to and interact with others can make big differences, why surrounding ourselves with low value people will bring us down long before we can bring them up, and lots more. Please enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
DesignCrowd helps startups and small businesses crowdsource custom graphics, logos, Web design — even tattoo designs! Check out DesignCrowd.com/Charm for a special $100 VIP offer for our listeners or enter the discount code CHARM when posting a project.
Acuity Scheduling is your online assistant, working 24/7 to fill your schedule. The AoC family can go to AcuityScheduling.com/AOC to get 45-days free — that’s over three times as long as the standard trial!
With pain-free invoicing, FreshBooks helps entrepreneurs and freelancers save time and avoid a lot of the stress that comes with running a small business. Try a month of unrestricted use for free here (no credit card required)! Enter ART OF CHARM in the How You Heard About Us section.
Resources from This Episode:
- AoC Value Toolbox | Identifying Low Value Behaviors (Episode 693)
- Adam Grant | Give and Take: How Much Can You Give? (Episode 311)
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam M. Grant
- Jocko Willink’s Podcast
- The Art Of War by Sun Tzu
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- Follow The Art of Charm on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!