About This Episode
If you want to pursue your own happiness and fulfillment, you are bound to make decisions that confuse or disappoint the people around you, which can lead to doubt and uncertainty in your own head. So what can you do to stay focused on your goals, how do you handle the mixed emotions of those around you, and why can trying to live up to the expectations of others lead to a life of endless regret?
What to Listen For
- Why does Jay Shetty give credit to Eminem for the way he approaches storytelling?
- AJ asks Jay how he made the decision to become a monk at such a young age, leaving everything he knew behind
- How did Jay Shetty’s fun-filled successful life in London finance compare to his modest living as a monk in India?
- What 3 things did Jay Shetty notice in the person who inspired him to pursue life as a monk, and why are they so important to be happy?
- How do you deal with the toxic people you cut out of your life before achieving some success but who later want back in once they see how successful you’ve become?
- Jay touches on how to handle doubt and resistance from the people you love when you want to make a life-changing decision
- How do you deal with self-doubt and perfectionism when you’re trying to consistently create content with a far-reaching impact?
- Why is it easier said than done to “Just be yourself” and what tips can you start using now to be more comfortable being you?
- How are your passion, purpose, and happiness inextricably linked, and how can you develop your passion into a purpose to build your happiness?
- If you love telling stories, how do you turn that love into full-time work?
- How do you curate an inner circle you can trust and rely on for support as well as honest feedback and advice?
You only get one life. You know this, but many of us don’t live our lives with that understanding in mind. It’s an important idea to comprehend for one simple fact: you don’t live anyone else’s life, and they don’t live yours. If you want to be happy and fulfilled you must make the decisions you want to make and not the decisions other people want you to make. No matter what you do, there will be people who are going to question you and doubt you, which is why it’s critical you believe in yourself and make your dreams priority number one.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Squarespace is the all-in-one solution for anyone looking to create a beautiful website. Check out squarespace.com for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, use the offer code CHARM to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Blinkist gives you access to key insights from 2,500+ bestselling nonfiction books, transformed into powerful packs you can read or listen to in just 15 minutes. Go to Blinkist.com/AOC to start your free trial or get three months off your yearly plan when you join today.
Go to stateandliberty.com and type in the code CHARM to get 10% off your first order or mention this podcast at any of their locations.
Get $100 off the ‘eero base unit and 2 beacons package,’ and 1 year of eero Plus. Visit eero.com/charm and at checkout enter CHARM
Resources from this Episode
Episode 748: 7 Signs of a Toxic Relationship
The Journey Home by Radhanath Swami
The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
Check out our listener Arien Ney’s Instagram
Check in with AJ and Johnny!