About This Episode
In this episode of The Art of Charm, AJ (@AJHarbinger) and Johnny (@AOCJohnny) wrap up September’s month of Emotional Bids. Before answering listener questions, they speak with Andrea Lee (andreajlee.com), an accomplished coach, successful author, and violence prevention expert.
From difficult personal conversations to work-related challenges Andrea believes that the RIGHT use of power – “emotional leadership” is crucial as we try to navigate. Without it, we end up with the abuse of power and interactions that can lead to emotional abuse.
Andrea draws on her personal experience with difficult conversations from both ends of the spectrum – as both a victim and perpetrator of abuse. She shares what it takes to redeem yourself and rebuild any fractured relationship. Throughout their discussion, AJ, Johnny, and Andrea go in-depth into these moments, discussing the critical turning points in their lives and how they were able to overcome them. And we answer listener questions about emotional bids and personal relationships.
WHAT TO LISTEN OUT FOR
- How can someone break the pattern of abuse in his/her life? Trigger Warning: this episode does contain a discussion about abuse. If this is a trigger for you please be aware.
- What is the first step to fully understanding a conflict with someone?
- Saying “yes” is important, but why saying “no” can be even more powerful, and how we can do it with compassion towards others.
- The Delta model – a 3-point tool that can be universally applied to the toughest conversations.
- How can you prepare for a conversation you’re afraid of having with a loved one, partner or colleague.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS!
Blinkist gives you access to key insights from 2,500+ bestselling nonfiction books, transformed into powerful packs you can read or listen to in just 15 minutes. Go to Blinkist.com/AOC to start your free trial or get three months off your yearly plan when you join today.
MeUndies are The World’s Most Comfortable Undies, 3x softer than cotton, and made from sustainably sourced fiber.To get your 15% off your first pair, free shipping, and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, go to: meundies.com/charm
HoneyBook makes it easy for you to book your ideal client faster, more frequently, and with less legwork. Art of Charm listeners can get 50% off the first year of Honeybook with promo code CHARM. Sign up at honeybook.com
“Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home.” Go today to SimpliSafe.com/AOC to get your system today!
* Andrea J. Lee – https://andreajlee.com
* “We Need to Talk: Your Guide to Challenging Business Conversations” by Andrea J. Lee – https://amzn.to/2NxY837
* “The Power of the Positive No” by Dr. William Yuri – https://amzn.to/28MB2g1
KEEP UP WITH THE ART OF CHARM
* The Art of Charm Challenge | theartofcharm.com/challenge
* The Art of Charm Insiders | theartofcharm.com/insiders
* The Art of Charm Bootcamp | theartofcharm.com/personal-bootcamp/
* Best of The Art of Charm Podcast | theartofcharm.com/category/best-of/
* The Art of Charm Toolbox | theartofcharm.com/category/toolbox-episodes
IG: @theartofcharm | Twitter: @TheArtOfCharm | Facebook: TheArtofCharm
Wanna RUN A HALF MARATHON in a Halloween costume w/ AJ & Johnny?
Register now at www.runrocknroll.com/los-angeles/ !!
ENJOYING WHAT YOU HEAR?
Your reviews are essential to us and for those discovering The Art of Charm.
Go to theartofcharm.com/mobilereview to share your Art of Charm experience.