About This Episode
On this episode of the Art of Charm, AJ (@AJHarbinger) and Johnny (@AOCJohnny) take emotional bids to the next level by speaking with an expert on validation – one of the most important parts of human connection. That expert is Michael Sorensen, a marketing executive, personal-development junkie, and the author of the best-selling book “I Hear You: The Surprisingly Simple Skill Behind Extraordinary Relationships. Michael shares his own experiences on the job and in his personal life that led him to writing his book and understanding just how important validation is in creating strong bonds with others.
WHAT TO LISTEN OUT FOR
- At the end of the day, it’s all about relationships. So, why is validation such a great tool for managing the important relationships in your life?
- Where is one of the best places to start fostering good validation skills?
- What are some examples of something meaningful to say to someone that’s seeking validation?
- Why being silent can indirectly push someone away from you
- What is one of the most effective ways to understand someone seeking validation and emotional attention?
- When do you know it’s the right time to give someone advice?
After taking a listen to this episode, take a moment to think of the best ways for you to make connections with those around you. Are you finding yourself opening up or closing off to those who seeking emotional attention from you? By becoming more aware of these hidden opportunities, we can take better advantage of them and create meaningful relationships.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS!
eero is the world’s first whole home wifi system that delivers hyper fast, super secure wifi to every room in your home. For free overnight shipping to the US or Canada, visit eero.com and at checkout select overnight shipping then enter CHARM to make it free!
Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home. Go today to SimpliSafe.com/AOC to get your system today!
Calm includes guided meditations and Sleep Stories to help you reduce anxiety, lower stress and sleep better. AoC listeners can get 25% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/charm. Get started today at calm.com/charm.
Stitch Fix is personal styling for men, women & kids that sends clothing to your door (with free shipping & returns). Get started at stitchfix.com/charm & find clothes you’ll love!
* Michael Sorensen – www.MichaelSSorensen.com
* “I Hear You” Book: https://amzn.to/2p4Jwth
* The Gottman Institute – https://www.gottman.com
KEEP UP WITH THE ART OF CHARM
* The Art of Charm Challenge | theartofcharm.com/challenge
* The Art of Charm Insiders | theartofcharm.com/insiders
* The Art of Charm Bootcamp | theartofcharm.com/personal-bootcamp/
* Best of The Art of Charm Podcast | theartofcharm.com/category/best-of/
* The Art of Charm Toolbox | theartofcharm.com/category/toolbox-episodes
IG: @theartofcharm | Twitter: @TheArtOfCharm | Facebook: TheArtofCharm
Wanna RUN A HALF MARATHON in a Halloween costume w/ AJ & Johnny?
Register now at www.runrocknroll.com/los-angeles/ !!
ENJOYING WHAT YOU HEAR?
Your reviews are essential to us and for those discovering The Art of Charm.
Go to theartofcharm.com/mobilereview to share your Art of Charm experience.