Right now, we’d like to thank the sponsor of this episode: LifeMD. Looking to lose weight and improve your health?
Embrace your journey towards a healthier and happier you, and achieve lasting sustainable weight loss with LifeMD by your side -> lifemd.com/CHARM
In today’s episode, we cover communication with five elite communication experts. We have Dr Carole Robin, who’s been teaching the legendary course, interpersonal dynamics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Chuck Wisner, the author of The Art of Conscious Conversations, Karen Wickre, the author of Taking the Work Out of Networking, Jonah Berger, professor at Wharton School and the author of several best selling books on influence and social Dynamics, including Magic Words, and Susan McPherson, the author of The Lost Art of Connecting.
From the significance of open-ended questions to the impact of language on emotions, our guests share strategies to influence and connect with others. We’ll also uncover the keys to building high-value relationships, the role of vulnerability in leadership, and the importance of active listening in meaningful conversations. Join us as we uncover actionable steps and insights to elevate your communication skills and unlock hidden potential.
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Break this one habit before it breaks your budding relationships
- How do you create better quality conversations and open up dialogue with anyone?
- What is the worst question you can ask when someone is sad or upset?
- This type of language pushes most people away – 11:50
- Most people won’t do this one thing in order to improve their relationships
- How do you master the skill of listening so you can avoid relationship-breaking problems while also building the strongest relationships?
- Most people hide who they are because of this – 22:15
- This is the one key to being the greatest version of yourself
- How do you turn acquaintances into friends and friends into allies?
- The key to creating lifelong connections – 32:20
- Most CEOs will never do this even though it supercharges the output of their employees
- The secret to resolving marital conflict that people ignore at their own peril
- The 3 little known phrases to get your point across – 45:20
- How do you train your inner dialogue to be constructive instead of critical?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Planet Money is a different kind of world where the complex economy actually makes sense; where human stories supersede abstract theories. Listeners can learn, laugh, and be entertained. It’s economics, down to earth.
Tune in to Planet Money every week for entertaining stories and insights about how money shapes our world. Stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
$75 SPONSORED JOB CREDIT to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/CHARM. Offer good for a limited time.
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- The Art of Charm Instant Connection Kit
- Communicate Powerfully Using These Magic Words w/ Jonah Berger | The Art of Charm
- Dr. Carole Robin | How to Build World Class Connections and Lead With Vulnerability
- 3 Ingredients to Build Empathy and Foster Deep Relationships | Geoffrey Cohen | The Art of Charm
- Expert Networking for Introverts with Karen Wickre
- Susan McPherson | Effortlessly Build a World-Class Network by Using These 5 Tips
- Learn 4 Powerful Conversations That Connect Us All | Chuck Wisner | The Art of Charm