In today’s episode, we cover the value of pursuing your passions with AJ, Johnny, and Coach Michael Herold.
You’ve heard people tell you to follow your passions, but how do you define a passion, how do you combine your passions to create a unique skill set that sets you apart in your industry, and how do you share your passions with people to strengthen your network and friendships?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is the most relevant definition of passion?
- What is the opposite Dunning-Kruger effect and how do you overcome it?
- Inspire people with your passion – 11:55
- How do you bring your passions and interests into conversation to deepen your connections even when the people you’re talking to don’t share your passions and interests?
- What’s the secret to mastering any skill?
- Forge the unique passion skillset no one else has – 20:20
- How do you combine your interests and passions to set yourself apart from 90% of people in your industry?
- Leverage your passions to squeeze the most out of life – 32:27
- How do you use your passions to define your purpose and craft goals that sling shot you toward your dreams?
Planet Money is a different kind of world where the complex economy actually makes sense; where human stories supersede abstract theories. Listeners can learn, laugh, and be entertained. It’s economics, down to earth.
Tune in to Planet Money every week for entertaining stories and insights about how money shapes our world. Stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
A Word From Our Sponsors
$75 SPONSORED JOB CREDIT to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/CHARM. Offer good for a limited time.
Are you looking to improve your EQ with elite human dynamics?
17 years ago we decided to curate the latest science and research in human dynamics and deliver it free to you.
We’ve learned that…
Your ability to stand out, build rapport and influence the people around you is what gets you, noticed, respected and admired.
So whether or not you’re introverted or extroverted your communication skills can always be improved.
If influence and charm come natural for you, great but for others it’s a skill that can be learned.
After coaching over 10,000 clients on how to communicate powerfully we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to be influential and persuasive.
We’ve packaged these insights inside a masterclass Social Capital Networking. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this kit for FREE.
Inside Social Capital Networking, you’ll get three resources to help build high-value relationships quickly and grow your social capital.
To get your hands on this kit and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/capital
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Finding Your Passion by Jennifer Hamady
- Why Passion Is a Gift by Scott Barry Kaufman
- 3 Key Steps to Unlock Social Flow and Build Deeper Relationships | Steven Kotler
- Origins of purpose in life: Refining our understanding of a life well lived
- How To Be A Persuasive Rebel | Todd Kashdan