In today’s episode, we cover building relationships with Geoffrey Cohen, Dr Carole Robin, Colin Coggins and Garrett Brown, David Siegel, and Susan McPherson. Geoffrey Cohen is a professor and the author of Belonging: The Science of Creating Connection and Bridging Divides. Dr Carole Robin teaches a legendary course called Interpersonal Dynamics at Stanford Graduate School of Business. Colin Coggins and Garrett Brown are the authors of The Unsold Mindset: Redefining What It Means to Sell. David Siegel is the CEO of MeetUp. Susan McPherson is the author of The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Business Relationships.
Relationships are one of the most important factors in your happiness, fulfillment, and success, but how do you build exceptional relationships that actually last, what is the real problem with building relationships and how do you overcome it, and what is the secret to turning acquaintances into real friends?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is the secret to building lifelong friendships and relationships?
- How do you come across as authentic when meeting new people so they don’t think you’re manipulative or deceptive?
- The mindset you need to be successful in relationships – 13:37
- What mindset shift do you need in order to be successful in relationships?
- How do you develop resilience so the inevitable road bumps in life don’t crush you?
- How do you reframe rejection so you embrace it rather than avoid it?
- The ultimate strategy for making friends with like-minded people – 24:26
- Where is the best place to meet people you want to build lasting friendships with?
- How do you build an epic social circle from scratch no matter where you live?
- The 3-step networking strategy 90% of people will never implement – 36:33
- What simple pattern can you implement in any networking event to make connections with anyone you want?
Planet Money is a different kind of world where the complex economy actually makes sense; where human stories supersede abstract theories. Listeners can learn, laugh, and be entertained. It’s economics, down to earth.
Tune in to Planet Money every week for entertaining stories and insights about how money shapes our world. Stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
A Word From Our Sponsors
$75 SPONSORED JOB CREDIT to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/CHARM. Offer good for a limited time.
Are you looking to improve your EQ with elite human dynamics?
17 years ago we decided to curate the latest science and research in human dynamics and deliver it free to you.
We’ve learned that…
Your ability to stand out, build rapport and influence the people around you is what gets you, noticed, respected and admired.
So whether or not you’re introverted or extroverted your communication skills can always be improved.
If influence and charm come natural for you, great but for others it’s a skill that can be learned.
After coaching over 10,000 clients on how to communicate powerfully we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to be influential and persuasive.
We’ve packaged these insights inside a masterclass Social Capital Networking. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this kit for FREE.
Inside Social Capital Networking, you’ll get three resources to help build high-value relationships quickly and grow your social capital.
To get your hands on this kit and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/capital
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- 3 Ingredients to Build Empathy and Foster Deep Relationships | Geoffrey Cohen
- How to Build World Class Connections and Lead With Vulnerability | Dr Carole Robin
- 4 Lessons You Can Take From Sales To Improve Your Relationships | Colin Coggins & Garrett Brown
- Build An Epic Social Circle Anywhere With This One Simple Platform | David Siegel
- Effortlessly Build a World-Class Network by Using These 5 Tips | Susan McPherson