In today’s episode, we cover healthy relationships and finding the right partner with Dr Yael. Dr Yael is a licensed clinical psychologist, assistant professor at Brown University, and writer about parenting, work, and relationships.
A healthy relationship takes work, but how do you know what relationships are worth the work, is moving in together a good test for the relationship, and how do you reignite passion in a relationship?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Why did Dr Yael Schonbrun take the Art of Charm Unstoppable program?
- What is the trap many of us fall into in the modern dating world and why are we making it harder to find healthy relationships?
- Value based dating and moving in together – 13:00
- What questions can you ask to figure out what you want to get out of dating?
- What mindset do you need to avoid if you’re thinking about moving in with someone you’re dating?
- What signs should you look out for when thinking about moving in with someone?
- Looking beyond lust for red flags – 30:40
- How should you think about lust when you’re actively dating?
- Reigniting passion in a relationship – 44:40
- What is the foundation for passion in romantic relationships and what can you do to reintroduce it?
- What is the evolutionary need for novelty in romantic relationships?
- How do you know when a relationship is worth ending?
Your relationships require the same work we put into everything else in life. If we go about life acting as if those relationships will always be there, we are bound to lose them. Why should they invest time in us if we’re not willing to invest in them? The first step in developing healthy relationships is making that commitment to invest and following through.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalogue when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!