Leadership skills is a phrase that gets thrown around a lot yet can mean many different things depending on the person using it, so what does “leadership skills” really mean, what does the science say about the value of leadership skills, and what can you do.
What to Listen For
- What traits do you need to bring to the table as a leader and what can you do to develop them?
- Why is a strong frame necessary for effective leadership?
- What does it mean to have a strong frame and what can you do to build one?
- What tools and techniques can you start using today to be a more effective leader?
- How do you build leadership skills?
- Are leadership skills applicable outside of the workplace?
- What is the CAKE equation and how can you use it to build confidence?
- What does science say about the value of leadership skills?
- What are the two leadership styles and which one do we tend to associate with leadership even though it’s not as effective as the other in the long run?
- How do you work on or start building your leadership skills in your personal life?
It might come as a surprise to some that leadership skills are just as important in your personal life as they are in your professional life because being a leader doesn’t automatically imply ordering people around. That is a specific aspect of leadership and one that great leaders rarely resort to. Being a leader within your social circle can just mean taking the initiative in organizing the next poker night or girls’ night out instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Being a leader can also mean encouraging and supporting your friends in hard times and celebrating them in their successes. Leadership means having the confidence in yourself to raise up those around you without expecting anything in return.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Need a stylish, lightweight, and durable suitcase with a 100-day money-back guarantee? Away creates thoughtful products designed to change how you see the world. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com and use discount promo code CHARM20 during checkout!
Vistaprint wants you to be able to “Own the Now” in any situation, which is why our listeners will get 500 high-quality, custom business cards starting at $9.99. Use discount code CHARM at Vistaprint.com.
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!