About This Episode
How can toxic people make you feel like you are losing your mind, what can they do to turn your coworkers and friends against you, and what is the best way to deal with them before the damage gets out of control, potentially leading you to lose a job, a relationship, or even your friends.
What to Listen For
- Why is it so important to remove toxic people from your professional or personal social circle?
- What two proven ways can you use to remove toxic people from your life?
- How can a toxic person make you doubt your decision to cut them out?
- How do toxic people work to turn your friends and coworkers against you?
- What is gas lighting and how do toxic people use it against you to make you feel like you are losing your sanity?
- What are the signs you can look for to know when you are being gas lit and what should you do if your recognize these signs today?
- How do you go about dealing with toxic family members to remove their toxic influence on you?
- What can you do to deal with toxic coworkers since how you handle it could impact your job security?
It’s one thing to understand the behaviors of toxic individuals so you can recognize them immediately and prevent them from getting deep enough in your life to cause any real damage. Many of you, however, might just now be identifying which of the relationships in your life are indeed toxic, and that can make it a significantly more delicate and difficult problem to address.
It is crucial to approach the problem as soon as you can to prevent the toxic individuals from doing any further damage, and once you do, you must stand by your decision. Toxic people can change, but the kind of change they must go through is not the kind of change that is going to happen after you allow them back into your life just because they got on their knees and begged for your forgiveness.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Eight Sleep is the first bed engineered to improve your sleep through dynamic cooling and heating, detailed sleep tracking. For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to eightsleep.com/charm
Are you sick and tired of paying high interest rates on your credit cards? Go tolightstream.com/charm
Problems hiring? ZipRecruiter is the highest-rated hiring site in America. Try for FREE at ziprecruiter.com/charm where ZR will send your job to 100+ of the web’s leading job boards.
Resources from this Episode
Episode 748: 7 Signs of a Toxic Relationship
Check in with AJ and Johnny!