The Art of Charm is brought to you by BetterHelp. Visit betterhelp.com/charm today to get 10% off your first month.
In today’s episode, we cover happiness and fulfillment with Prince Ea. Prince Ea grew up as a shy, introverted kid who discovered conscious hip hop in high school and was inspired to make music to educate others like the rappers he admired did for him. He pursued a career in hip hop but found himself constantly comparing and competing with other artists which led him to question the meaning of happiness. He stopped rapping and began reading books on Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, and psychotherapy to find the answer. He found that happiness is inside all of us and began sharing his insights through poetry and informative content. He continues to be the change he wants to see in the world and helps others find peace in their own lives.
The journey to find fulfillment in life is filled with obstacles and distractions, so what can you do to overcome them, what resources can you use to find happiness and fulfillment, and how can you know who to bring with you on your journey so they don’t hold you back?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What advantages does being shy grant you over people who are extroverted?
- How do you avoid the comparison trap of social media so you don’t get lost in beating yourself up over not doing or having enough?
- Failure and Self-Criticism – 12:48
- How do you view failure so you don’t bogged down when something you create doesn’t have the reception or impact you thought it would?
- What can you do to be more patient?
- Maximize the Value You Take From Books – 23:06
- How do you approach a book to get the most value out of it?
- What can you do to unlock your inner confidence and create lasting changes in your life?
- Filtering People In and Out of Your Life – 32:28
- How do you know who to allow into your life and who to remove from your life?
We explore stories of self-discovery and inner growth, ranging from the importance of self-love to the power of books and the pivotal role of relationships in our lives. We hear about a rapper’s journey to finding peace, the value of prioritizing one’s own world, and how comparing oneself to others online can lead to a trap. Additionally, we take a closer look at the significance of friendships, how to find a tribe that aligns with our energy, and the role language plays in our relationships. Tune in for insights and tips to cultivate personal growth and create a more fulfilling life.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Are you ready to take your career to the next level in 2023? Looking to grow your high-value social circle?
You are one relationship away from changing your entire life.
Listen: your social circle, professional network, and lack of confidence are thwarting your attempts at accelerating your career.
But there’s something you can do about it.
After coaching over 10,000 clients including military special operators and Fortune 500 executives we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to grow your network. In fact, over 90% of the amazing guests on this show are from referrals in our personal networks.
We’ve packaged our best insights inside a course called, Social Capital. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this training for FREE to start 2023.
To get your hands on this training and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/sc
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Prince Ea’s YouTube channel
- Prince Ea on Instagram
- Prince Ea on Twitter
- Prince Ea’s website
- The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions–Today
Check in with AJ and Johnny!