In today’s episode, we cover moving to a new city with AJ, Johnny, and Michael.
Moving to a new city can often feel like a scary or intimidating life event, but it doesn’t have to—so why does moving feel like a bad thing, what can you do to look at moving as an exciting opportunity, and what can you do to make sure you live a fulfilling life no matter where you go?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What should you NOT do if you want to create a new life when moving to a new city?
- What can you do to meet new people in a city before you move there?
- Third Place: what is it and why do we need it? – 11:41
- What is the “third place” and why is it important for the health and strength of every community and its residents?
- What is the most important factor in a communal meeting place within your community?
- How to find (or create) your third place – 21:56
- What easy exercise can you do today to find a great place to meet new people who share your interests and are open to meeting new people?
- Where can you look to experience your city from a different perspective that makes it easy to meet new people?
- Meeting people made easy – 36:40
- Why is it important to have missions in life and what missions can you give yourself with to make it easy to build a social circle anywhere in the world?
Moving to a new city can be scary when you don’t know anyone there, but it doesn’t have to be. There are several things you can do to make the process of building a social circle or professional network from scratch easy. Start by making a list of hobbies or interests you enjoy and look for opportunities to engage in those activities in the city you’re moving to.
Be sure to grab a copy of our Move To A New City Checklist: https://theartofcharm.com/newcity
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalogue when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Resources from this Episode
- The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Bookstores, Bars, Hair Salons, and Other Hangouts at the Heart of a Community by Ray Oldenburg
Check in with AJ and Johnny!