In today’s episode, we cover happiness with 4 of the world’s leading experts on the topic: Arthur C. Brooks, Dr. Robert Waldinger, Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, and Christoph Schnedlitz.
Happiness and purpose make a life worth living, but what factors contribute to and take away from your ability to be happy, what role do relationships play in your happiness, and how do you build happiness that doesn’t depend on what’s happening in your life?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Who are the world’s leading experts on happiness?
- Building Happiness – 3:50
- What simple question can you ask yourself to build life-changing happiness?
- Success Addiction – 12:00
- How do you get addicted to success and what can you do to break the addiction?
- Harvard Happiness Study – 14:24
- What is the Harvard Happiness Study and what can you learn from the results to foster happiness in your life?
- Social Media and Happiness – 24:25
- How does social media affect global happiness and what can you do to protect yourself from its effects?
- Relationships and Happiness – 29:02
- How much do your relationships influence your lifetime happiness?
- What can you do to maintain the relationships in your life that bring you happiness?
- What are the biggest happiness myths?
- The 3 Happiness Skills – 40:35
- What skills should you work on to build resilient happiness?
- Why is boredom an important component of happiness?
Planet Money is a different kind of world where the complex economy actually makes sense; where human stories supersede abstract theories. Listeners can learn, laugh, and be entertained. It’s economics, down to earth.
Tune in to Planet Money every week for entertaining stories and insights about how money shapes our world. Stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- 4 Disciplines that Lead to Happiness and Meaning | Arthur C. Brooks
- The Harvard Happiness Study & What it Takes to Be Socially Fit | Dr. Robert Waldinger
- Tal Ben-Shahar | The Secret to Being Happy in the Modern World & 3 Tips to Conquer Screen Addiction
- Train Your “Happy” | Q&A w/ Christoph Schnedlitz of hiMoment