Looking to lose weight and improve your health? Embrace your journey towards a healthier and happier you, and achieve lasting sustainable weight loss with LifeMD by your side. Visit lifemd.com/CHARM to get started today!
In today’s episode, we cover self-mastery with Dr. Michael Gervais. Michael is one of the world’s top high performance psychologists and leading experts on the relationship between the mind and human performance, and the author of The First Rule of Mastery: Stop Worrying about What People Think of You.
Being social creatures is a double edged sword because we can rely on others to survive and get ahead in life, but with that comes the crippling concern of what others think about us, so how do you disregard the opinions of others so you can focus your efforts on what you need to do to reach your potential?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is FOPO and why is one of the greatest constrictors of human potential?
- Why is FOPO the first step to mastery?
- Overcome the doubt that crushes everyone else – 12:17
- How do you stop worrying about what everyone thinks of you?
- How do you make yourself significantly more attractive without changing anything about your outward appearance?
- What do pros do under pressure that no one else does – 23:20
- What is Ricky Fowler’s secret to excelling under the same pressure that crushes amateur athletes?
- What is the difference between a performance-based mindset and a purpose-based mindset?
- The secret to living a life most people never can – 33:38
- What steps can you take to focus on your purpose and disregard the opinions and expectations of everyone around you?
- Lone wolves will never reach the same level these people do – 44:58
- What prevents loners from reaching their full potential?
- Why do you need other people in order to reach your full potential?
Planet Money is a different kind of world where the complex economy actually makes sense; where human stories supersede abstract theories. Listeners can learn, laugh, and be entertained. It’s economics, down to earth.
Tune in to Planet Money every week for entertaining stories and insights about how money shapes our world. Stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
A Word From Our Sponsors
$75 SPONSORED JOB CREDIT to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/CHARM. Offer good for a limited time.
Are you looking to improve your EQ with elite human dynamics?
17 years ago we decided to curate the latest science and research in human dynamics and deliver it free to you.
We’ve learned that…
Your ability to stand out, build rapport and influence the people around you is what gets you, noticed, respected and admired.
So whether or not you’re introverted or extroverted your communication skills can always be improved.
If influence and charm come natural for you, great but for others it’s a skill that can be learned.
After coaching over 10,000 clients on how to communicate powerfully we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to be influential and persuasive.
We’ve packaged these insights inside a masterclass Social Capital Networking. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this kit for FREE.
Inside Social Capital Networking, you’ll get three resources to help build high-value relationships quickly and grow your social capital.
To get your hands on this kit and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/capital
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- How to Build An Elite Mindset | Michael Gervais | Art of Charm Podcast
- Finding Mastery website
- The First Rule of Mastery: Stop Worrying about What People Think of You
- Making Friends As a Lone Wolf | Toolbox | Art of Charm