In today’s episode, we tackle learning excellence with Eric Potterat and Alan Eagle. Eric is one of the world’s leading performance psychologists, a retired US naval commander, a lead psychologist for the US Navy Seals, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and co-author of Learned Excellence: Mental Disciplines for Leading and Winning from the World’s Top Performers. His co author, Allan Eagle, is a colleague of Dr. Potterat’s at Google and best selling author himself. He was blown away by Dr Potterat’s lessons and wanted to co-author a book To share Eric’s knowledge with the world.
How can the mental disciplines used by the world’s elite performers transform not just your career, but how you connect with others? We uncover the secrets to achieving unparalleled success and fulfillment, learning from experts who’ve coached the best, from Navy SEALs to top business leaders, on learning excellence, becoming visible in elite circles to unlock career opportunities, and the 6 pillars of performance you need to master to become elite.
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What simple exercise can you do to improve your performance in every area of your daily life?
- The mindset shift most that causes most people to give up – 14:00
- What do you do when effort and hard work are not enough to perform at your best or reach your goals?
- What is the key to becoming excellent at anything you choose to pursue, even if you’re currently terrible at it?
- How do you know if you’re on the right path – 27:20
- What can you look for to figure out if you’re on the right path or using the right process to solve your problem?
- What can you do to get yourself ready before a big speech or pitch to manage stress, and how do you manage the stress in the moment?
- How do elite performers take valuable experience from everything they do – 37:50
- What are the 6 pillars you should always maintain in life to create the greatest resilience before life inevitably kicks you in the face?
- Unlocking elite performance in your children – 45:54
- How do you help your children learn excellence?
- What questions can you ask your kids everyday to achieve their potential?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Bombas crafts ridiculously comfortable socks, tees, and underwear, and for every item sold, they donate one to help those facing homelessness — over 100 million essentials donated so far. Not only are their clothes designed for ultimate comfort with features like arch support and buttery-soft fabric, but they also ensure customer satisfaction with a 100% Happiness Guarantee for hassle-free returns and exchanges. Ready to get comfy and give back? Head over to Bombas.com/CHARM and use code CHARM for twenty percent off your first purchase!
$75 SPONSORED JOB CREDIT to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/CHARM. Offer good for a limited time.
Ready to start your ecommerce business? Sign up for a one-dollar-per-month trial period at shopify.com/charm. Grow your business–no matter what stage you’re in.
Curious about your influence level?
Get your Influence Index Score today!
Take this 60-second quiz to find out how your influence stacks up against top performers at theartofcharm.com/influence
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you?
That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone?
Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!