In today’s episode, we cover metabolic health with Dr Philip Ovadia. Dr. Ovadia is a board certified Cardiac Surgeon, founder of Ovadia Heart Health, and the author of Stay Off My Operating Table: A Heart Surgeon’s Metabolic Health Guide to Lose Weight, Prevent Disease, and Feel Your Best Every Day.
What you put into your body has a direct impact on your metabolic health, but what is metabolic health, why is it important, and what can you do to support a strong metabolic health so you don’t end up on the operating table or in an early grave?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is metabolic health and how does it impact the other areas of your life including mental health?
- The big medical myths – 13:17
- What is the biggest medical myth that is making us more unhealthy every year?
- Should we be consuming supplements?
- How did unhealthy food become so normalized that we serve it in hospitals where we’re supposed to go to get better?
- The 5 metrics of Metabolic Health – 26:09
- What metrics should you and your doctor pay attention to if you want to avoid ending up on the operating table?
- What is the biggest pitfall of intermittent fasting and what can you do to work around it?
- Nutrition and Metabolic Health – 35:44
- What should you eat to support your metabolic health and what should you avoid?
- How do nutrition and your metabolic health affect your mental well being?
It’s clear that metabolic health is critical for overall well-being. Unfortunately, unhealthy food has become normalized to the point where we are now serving it in hospitals. If you want to avoid ending up on the operating table, make sure you and your doctor are paying attention to the following metrics: fasting blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and waist circumference. To support your metabolic health, make sure you eat plenty of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables and other whole foods. Avoid processed foods high in sugar and seed oils. By making small changes to your diet, you can improve your metabolic health and reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases like heart disease or diabetes.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Dr Ovadia’s website
- Stay Off My Operating Table Podcast hosted by Dr Ovadia
- Stay off My Operating Table: A Heart Surgeon’s Metabolic Health Guide to Lose Weight, Prevent Disease, and Feel Your Best Every Day by Dr Ovadia
- Dr Ovadia on Twitter
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
Check in with AJ and Johnny!