In today’s episode, we cover prioritization with Geoff Woods. Geoff is the Vice President of The ONE Thing and the host of The ONE Thing podcast which is in the top 5% of all podcasts in the world.
Many of us get distracted by everything we think we have to do and all the directions other people pull us in, but if we let all of those things consume our time, we’ll never get to where we want to be, so how do you figure out what you need to do and accomplish your dreams?
What to Listen For
- What is the one thing behind extraordinary results and how can you find out what your ONE thing is?
- What framework can you use to figure out what to focus your time and energy on?
- How do you narrow down a to-do list to figure out what the most important items are?
- What can you do to stay disciplined and focused on the important tasks in your personal and professional lives?
- How do you build more discipline?
- How do you improve different areas of your life if you’re only focusing on one thing at a time?
- How do you set goals that pull you toward them?
- What can you do to strengthen your willpower and use it in a meaningful way?
- What is the value in finding a coach to help you achieve your goals and dreams?
Multitasking has been scientifically proven to be less effective than focusing on one task at a time. However, focusing on the wrong tasks one at a time will also be ineffective. First, we must come up with a clear vision of what we want, and then drill down to the smallest tasks we can accomplish on a daily and weekly basis. This way we are able to track our progress toward the long term goal while also prioritizing the important tasks over less important tasks that might get thrown our way everyday.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!