Are you familiar with the concept of “fake it ‘til you make it” also known as “act as if?” Basically what it means is that you don’t need to be something (in this case, confident) to act like you are. And, the more you act like you are something, the easier it is to actually be that thing. But how does this apply to confidence? If you’re a man who struggles with confidence, this is a “must read” article for you…we detail some of the best ways of increasing self confidence.
Confidence is a Righteous Circle
Of course you know about a vicious circle, but do you know about its opposite? Basically, when applied to confidence, a righteous circle works this way:
- You act more confident, appearing more confident to others.
- Others notice your confident actions and begin to treat you as a confident person.
- People treating you as if you are confident provides you with greater confidence.
- Your new found greater confidence makes it easier for you to act confidently.
- You behave with greater confidence, appearing even more confident to others.
Do you see how this works? Just a little bit of consistent “act as if” makes you into a self-generating confidence machine. But how do you get that machine started? Here are some of the best tips when it comes to increasing self confidence.
Posture and Body Language
If you’re looking for a simple life hack that’s going to pay huge dividends, this is it.
- Posture: Stand up straight and tall, chin level with the ground, gaze out in front of you or off to the side.
- Gait: Pick a man you admire; someone classic like Clint Eastwood or Humphrey Bogart. Now study how they move. Emulate that and soon you’ll have a manly gait all your own.
- Body Language: Don’t be afraid to take up some space, to stretch out, to move with purpose and deliberation.
- Smile: This is probably the best way to communicate not just confidence, but also friendliness. Practice your smile in the mirror until you have a natural, winning smile.
Speaking With Confidence
Speaking with confidence can be harder for the man who has trouble with confidence. So how do you go about increasing self confidence? Again, practicing in the comfort of your home will pay off when you head out to the bars and clubs. So spend some time in your bathroom (it’s got the best acoustics) reading speeches by great men or even just passages from your favorite book. Work on your speaking cadence, your tone and everything else that you’re going to need when you’re out talking to women.
One thing that we tell all of our guys to do is approach women immediately. This provides you with confidence — even when you get shot down — because you become used to talking to women and realize that it’s not as hard as you think.
Increasing self confidence isn’t some complicated and difficult task. All it takes is a little patience and persistence, and the rest follows.