In today’s episode, we cover business leadership with Robert Rosenberg. Robert was the chief executive officer of Dunkin’ Donuts for thirty-five years from 1963 to 1998 and is the author of Around the Corner to Around the World: A Dozen Lessons I Learned Running Dunkin Donuts.
Running a business can teach anyone a lot about themselves and life, so what can we learn about leadership skills, social skills, and business management skills from the CEO of one of the most successful American businesses?
What to Listen For
- What can you do to develop leadership skills coming out of school and entering the business world for the first time?
- How should you view failure when starting and running a business, and why can a fear of failure lead you away from success?
- What can you do when stepping into a leadership role to earn the respect you need to be a great leader?
- How did Robert M Rosenberg develop his excellent leadership skills during his successful career as the CEO of Dunkin’ Donuts?
- What 3 hiring lessons can you take away from the CEO of one of America’s most successful businesses so you don’t waste time and money hiring the wrong people?
- How important is culture when making hiring decisions and what can you do to make sure someone is a fit for your company culture?
- Why is it important to be willing to take responsibility for the mistakes in your company regardless of who might be directly at fault?
Running a business can teach us a great deal about ourselves and life. A business owner must prioritize his business as well as the people he surrounds himself with. Just like in life, running a business requires consistent application of focus and cooperation with others who share your values. In addition, just like life, you must be willing to take risks and fail in order to become successful.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
- Around the Corner to Around the World by Robert M Rosenberg
Check in with AJ and Johnny!