In today’s episode, we cover conscious leadership with John Mackey. John is the CEO and cofounder of Whole Foods as well as author of bestselling Conscious Capitalism and Conscious Leadership.
Being an effective leader is not just about leading the people around you, but being conscious of each individual and how you can help them grow around you, so what can you do to become a conscious leader, think about your competition in a positive way, and create an empowering environment at work and home?
What to Listen For
- What is the difference between leadership and conscious leadership and how do you balance the two?
- How do you lead with love in the cutthroat world of business?
- How should you think about competition if you are a business owner so that you think of your competitors in a positive light rather than something that needs to be beaten?
- Why is it important for conscious leaders to have a strong vision and how can not having one lead to disaster?
- What 3 tips can you follow to learn from your mistakes if you want to be successful?
- What signals can you look for in prospective employees for high emotional intelligence?
- What can you do to create an empowering environment in your workplace?
- How can you respond to criticism in a healthy positive manner?
- Why is gratitude so important to being happy and what gratitude practice can you use to lead a happier and more fulfilling life?
Being conscious of the people around you takes effort, even more so when you are also in a leadership position since you are relying on the people around you for your own success and so it can be easy to forget to treat everyone the way each individual wants to be treated. But nothing worthwhile in life is obtained with ease, and the effort you put into being a conscious leader will pay off in the long run when the people around you support you and do everything they can to help you succeed.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
- Conscious Leadership: Elevating Humanity Through Business by John Mackey
- Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business by John Mackey
Check in with AJ and Johnny!