In today’s episode, we cover mindset and determination with Joe De Sena. Joe is the CEO and founder of Spartan and the Death Race, and the NY Times best selling author of Spartan Up, Spartan Fit, and The Spartan Way.
Success is never a straight path nor is it attained with ease, so if you want to increase your chances of success and improve your luck on the way up, what mindset should you adopt, how should you treat your body daily, and what can you learn from others who have come before you?
What to Listen For
- What lessons did Joe De Sena learn from a crime boss as a kid that helped him achieve his success as CEO and founder of Spartan and the Death Race?
- What can you do to attract and keep amazing mentors who can steer you toward success and away from unnecessary failure?
- What 7 simple steps can you take everyday to live a long, healthy life?
- How did Joe De Sena’s career on Wall Street lead into his founding of Spartan races?
- What can you do to stay focused on the success of your business during the early stages when you’re not turning a profit?
- How did Joe De Sena’s 10 Spartan principles come together?
- What can you do to stay optimistic when it feels like the world is falling apart around you?
Challenge and adversity are not just great for building well rounded humans, but for proving to ourselves how badly we want something. Whether it’s achieving peak physical condition, a world class level professional skill set, building a thriving international business, and anything in between, you must apply yourself consistently over a long period of time to get anywhere close to the goal, and even then there are countless factors out of your control that could knock you down and prevent you from reaching the finish line. You must be willing to push through the days when you’re just not feeling it, everyone is doubting you, and life isn’t giving you a break. But even that mindset is not created overnight, so let’s get to work on building it today.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
- Joe De Sena’s website
- Joe De Sena on Twitter
- Spartan Races
- The Spartan Way by Joe De Sena
- Spartan Up! by Joe De Sena
- Spartan Fit! by Joe De Sena
Check in with AJ and Johnny!