In today’s episode, we cover vulnerability and curiosity with Guy Raz. Guy is a host and correspondent who has interviewed more than 6,000 people, is the co-creator of How I Built This and the TED Radio Hour, and is now the author of How I Built This: The Unexpected Paths to Success from the World’s Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs.
Expressing vulnerability and genuine curiosity can lead to fantastic conversations, so what does it mean to be vulnerable in a conversation, how can you inspire others to open up more, and how do you choose to be more curious?
What to Listen For
- How did Guy Raz get his start as a podcast host?
- What can you do to inspire people to open up more in conversation?
- What can you do if you are struggling with depression and you’re not sure where to turn?
- Why are more and more people contending with depression and anxiety today and what can we do about it?
- What is the secret to happiness and why is it simpler than many of us think?
- How can you change the way you view risk so it doesn’t stand in your way to happiness and success?
- What mindsets allow you to face down adversity when you would normally give up and walk away?
- How can we help build resilience in children?
- What tips can you use to build a network that will help you find fulfillment and success?
- What can you do to recapture the curiosity so many of us let go of as we become adults?
A nurtured sense of curiosity is one of the most important traits you can have when it comes to engaging people in interesting conversations. A conversation is a two way street – if someone expresses a thought or feeling, curiosity about her, or her thought or feeling, is what allows you to follow up with genuine interest in what she has to say by relating to your own experience and/or asking her follow up questions that let her know what she has to say is important.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!