Many of us have heard the phrase, “Happiness is a choice” – but what does a happiness expert think about that and what can you do if you feel like you’re unable to make that choice?
What to Listen For
- What are the Four Tendencies and how do they determine how you respond to expectations and your ability to be happy?
- What’s the alternative if you feel you can’t just choose to be happy?
- What steps can you take in your environment that will make it easier to be happy?
- What does it mean for emotions to be contagious and how can your understanding of it help prevent you from feeling down?
- How do novelty and challenge contribute so significantly to your ability to be happy?
- What can you do to raise your self-awareness?
- What can you do if you find yourself being the victim of analysis paralysis so you don’t waste too much time thinking about a decision?
- Once you understand your tendency, how do you recognize the Four Tendencies in others and what is the best way to work with them or help them reach their potential on a team?
We cannot make ourselves happy by focusing on our external environment, but it can help to minimize the work we have to do to be happy. Our personalities are made up of the tendencies and habits we have formed over the years, so the more aware you are of your tendencies and habits, the easier it can be for you to make the decisions which will lead to you being less miserable and more happy. Happiness is a choice, but certain things in your life can make the difference between that choice feeling easy, and that choice feeling impossible, and the more you understand yourself, your environment, and the people you spend time with, the easier that choice can be.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
The anxiety and stress caused by debt is overwhelming. Especially now. But there is a way out, and you don’t have to go through it alone. Freedom Debt Solutions has more than 400 debt experts standing by to recommend the right solution for your specific situation. Go to FreedomDebtSolutions.com/charm and get your FREE personalized debt consultation today!
Resources from this Episode
Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
The Four Tendencies Quiz
Gretchen Rubin’s website
Happier with Gretchen Rubin
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
AJ on Instagram
Johnny on Instagram
The Art of Charm on Instagram
The Art of Charm on YouTube