It’s no surprise that many of us can be overwhelmed with the day-to-day events of our lives, so how are we supposed to plan for so many unforeseen events like the COVID-19 pandemic, what is upstream thinking and why is it relevant today more than ever?
What to Listen For
- What is the difference between upstream and downstream thinking and why can one lead you to a life of cyclical misery?
- What is unique about the American healthcare system that has led to us only focusing downstream?
- What is quiet competence and why does it make us less attentive to potential catastrophes?
- How can we get people to think more upstream so we are not impacted so negatively by crises?
- What is psychological standing and how does it prevent you from doing the right thing in a wide range of situations we find ourselves in regularly?
- What are the 7 questions leaders need to ask themselves if they don’t want to fail miserably at handling the next upstream problem?
- What can you do to unite the right people to handle a complicated problem like the COVID-19 pandemic?
Being able to think clearly about the future and contemplate solutions to problems likely to arise is becoming more and more important as society and technology continue evolving faster than we can keep up. This is why upstream thinking is so important – many of us are caught up in the rush of everyday life and we count on our leaders to know what to do when problems arise, but it seems our leaders are also forgetting to think far enough ahead, leading us to find ourselves in the predicam we’re in now with COVID-19.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and it’s time to mow your lawn and trim the hedges below the belt safely and efficiently. Manscaped is the only men’s brand dedicated to below the waist grooming, with precision engineered tools for your family jewels. If you subscribe to the Perfect Package soon, subscribers get TWO FREE GIFTS for a limited time! Get 20% off and FREE SHIPPING with the special discount code CHARM at Manscaped.com.
Even with a balanced diet, it’s difficult to cover all of your nutritional bases. Developed from a complex blend of 75 vitamins, minerals and whole food sourced ingredients, Athletic Greens is a greens superfood powder designed to help fill the nutritional gaps in your diet. Visit AthleticGreens.com/CHARM to claim OUR special offer of 20 FREE daily travel packs with your first purchase, a $79 added value, and get Athletic Greens delivered straight to your door.
Is there something interfering with your happiness, or preventing you from achieving your goals? BetterHelp will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist AND you can start communicating in less than 24 hours! Visit betterhelp.com/CHARM to get 10% off your first month and join the over 700,000 people taking charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional.
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!