Technology has had an undeniable impact on our society, in good and bad ways, so what are the bad ways, how can we mitigate the damage they cause, and what can we do to use these tools for good in our lives and those around us?
What to Listen For
- What is the ICAN acronym and how can it help you achieve a social flow state and help you be your most authentic self?
- What questions can you ask yourself to stay mindful as we continue integrating technology into our daily lives?
- What is passive browsing versus active browsing and why does one have a negative impact on your well being?
- What can you do if you feel your team is missing the energy and motivation you were hoping for?
- How can you make Zoom meetings fun and engaging when everyone seems preoccupied with what’s going on around them?
- What simple, free technique can you implement as a leader to improve your team’s effectiveness as well as your well being and effectiveness?
- What is social flow, why do you need to understand it, and how can you tap into it to be your best self?
- What follow up questions can you ask the men in your life when they answer with “Good” or “I’m fine”?
- How can we build our curiosity muscle if we find ourselves not being that curious?
- What things typically hold men back from emotional mastery and what can you do to work toward emotional mastery?
- What can you do to improve the toxic relationships in your life that always lead to arguments?
We live in a state of constant experimentation to understand ourselves, each other, and the world around us. As a result, we create things with the intention of doing good, only to find out later that the results are a mixed bag. Social media and communication are great examples as they have connected the world, but led to mental health issues springing up all over the place. As we move forward, it becomes increasingly important to be mindful of what we are putting out into the world for millions or billions of people to use, and how it can impact our society as a whole. No one will be able to take everything into consideration, but it’s better than not trying and seeing what happens.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Even with a balanced diet, it’s difficult to cover all of your nutritional bases. Developed from a complex blend of 75 vitamins, minerals and whole food sourced ingredients, Athletic Greens is a greens superfood powder designed to help fill the nutritional gaps in your diet. Visit AthleticGreens.com/CHARM to claim OUR special offer of 20 FREE daily travel packs with your first purchase, a $79 added value, and get Athletic Greens delivered straight to your door.
Resources from this Episode
What’s the Big Idea – Andrew Horn’s podcast
Check in with AJ and Johnny!