In today’s episode, we cover the art of gift giving with John Ruhlin. John Ruhlin is the founder and CEO of Ruhlin Group, the master of building businesses by giving gifts, and the author of Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention.
Giving the right gift can radically strengthen any personal or business relationship, but what questions should you ask when thinking about the right gift for someone, what gifts should you avoid at all cost, and when is the right time to give a gift?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Who do people often overlook when it comes to building and maintaining relationships?
- What can you do to make gift giving feel less like a transaction and more like a natural part of relationship building?
- How can you make gift giving a game changer for all of your personal and professional relationships?
- The secret to giving gifts that change your life – 13:17
- How much money should you set aside for giving gifts every year and why do you need to plan for it?
- What is the ultimate recipe for gift giving and what should you think about when giving gifts?
- Examples of business changing gifts – 26:23
- What crucial questions should you think about when personalizing a gift for someone?
- How should you start giving gifts if it’s not something you’re used to doing?
- What types of gifts should you never send?
- Tips for personal gift giving – 45:36
- What gifts can you give to deepen your personal relationships?
The right gift can change someone’s life and create a memory that will last forever. But how can you figure out what that gift might be? For one, it must be meaningful to the receiver, and what things in a person’s life are likely to be the most meaningful? In many cases, it’s our values and our families, so think about how you might personalize an item that person uses or sees everyday and incorporate something related to their values or family. An example? How about a knife set in which each knife is engraved with a different favorite quote of theirs.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalogue when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Resources from this Episode
- The Top 10 Gifts You Should NEVER Give
- John Ruhlin’s website
- Giftology website
- Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention by Josh Ruhlin
Check in with AJ and Johnny!