Meeting women is a challenge for most men, but it can be especially difficult for guys who suffer from extreme shyness. After all, it’s pretty hard to meet women if you can’t even talk to them. If you find that your shyness is inhibiting your ability to communicate with women, here are some useful dating tips for shy guys:
1) Take baby steps. You don’t have to become Mr. Outgoing overnight. Start by pushing yourself to talk to 2 or 3 random strangers every time you go out, and just become comfortable with the interactions. Your words don’t need to be deep or meaningful. They just need to get the interaction moving.
2) Man up. Beating your shyness is a process that takes time, but you can do it, so just accept the fact that it’s going to be uncomfortable and possibly even terrifying. Accept the fear, and do it anyway! It’s the only way you’re going to grow.
3) Improve your body language. Do you slouch when you walk? Stare at the ground? Shove your hands into your pockets? Focus on having strong, confident body language, and you will begin to feel more confident. Make sure to smile, too, because when you force yourself to behave in a specific manner, your brain then produces the appropriate chemicals, and the feelings become real.
4) Find friends who are more outgoing than you are. By simply going out with trusted friends who are already the life of the party, you will find it much easier to loosen up and come out of your shell. Do this often, and you will find yourself naturally becoming more like your outgoing friends.
5) Commit. When you make the decision to approach a woman and speak to her, remain committed no many how uncomfortable you feel. Never run away from the interaction, but practice managing tension. Any interaction can go really well or really poorly. But if you’re going to go for it, don’t do it half way! Stand tall and maintain your positive attitude no matter how she reacts.
6) Do what you love. Do you love rock concerts? Hiking? NBA games? Find people who share those interests and join up with them. It’s hard to be shy when you’re doing something that gets you excited. Women will notice when you’re at your best.